Leadership, Safety, Culture and Training
E-Learning Course Outline
Course Length: 1 hour
- This course examines managerial and leadership concepts, issues, roles, and functions as applied to the role of the professional.
- Narrated e-learning modules
Successful Course Completion:
- Requires successful completion of knowledge assessment.
- What is Leadership and Management and How does it apply to me?
- Theories of effective leadership, followership and management
- Organizational and Personal Mission, Vision and Goals
- Leadership Strategies for Building and Sustaining a Safety Culture
- Safety and Health Management
- Safety Leadership Training
- Discuss why many safety initiatives often fail to meet expectations
- Creating and sustaining a positive safety culture: Outlining a strategy
- Explore management and supervisory responsibilities
- Top level rhetoric about the importance of safety in site value hierarchy (i.e. versus production)
- Targeted training or “canned courses” presented as a reward or incentive
- Safety System implementation
- Problems: Behavior change not sustained over time.
- Participants of program change their behavior
- System implementation often marks a short-term improvement on safety metrics followed by a return to previous levels.
- System utilization is it ineffective
- What happens when you have a safety enforcement environment rather than a safety culture?
- People then play “fool the enforcer.” In this no-win game, people say to each other, “here comes the boss, better put on your safety glasses.” Your goal is for the worker to say, “this could expose my eyes to injury. I’ll put on my safety glasses. “
- The Dynamic Curve of Change
- Resistance Strategies
- Overcoming Internal Resistance
- Defining Organizational Culture
- The origins of culture
- Safety Culture
- Leadership Strategies
- The Leadership Role
Post Training Evaluation:
- The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
Reference Material / Documents:
Various industry standards, techniques and best practices.
M&A Safety Services training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. M&A Safety Services LLC. follows all ANSI training criteria.
M&A Safety Services Copyright© 2019 All rights Reserved
Revision 1: 2/22/2019-TM