Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)
E-Learning Course Outline
Course Length: 0.5 hours
- This course meets training requirements in the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030(g)(2)). This OSHA regulation requires employers to train each affected or potential employee who may be potentially exposed to BBP materials.
- Narrated e-learning modules
Successful Course Completion:
- Requires successful completion of knowledge assessment.
- What BBPs are and why they are of concern
- HIV and Hepatitis A & B Viruses
- Health effects, infectivity, viability, carriers, vaccine, prevalence, incidence, and symptoms
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard purpose and access
- List of BBP materials
- BBP exposure and transmission at work
- Human cell culture risks and controls
- Exposure Control Plans and authorizations
Post Training Evaluation:
- The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
Reference Material / Documents:
29 CFR 1910.1030(g)(2)
M&A Safety Services training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. M&A Safety Services LLC. follows all ANSI training criteria.
M&A Safety Services Copyright© 2019 All rights Reserved
Revision 1: 2/22/2019-TM